Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i, 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebecky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac1 View Post
how are you getting so much discount off msrp.. i'm only getting about 6% in my area.
I go back and forth between several dealerships, always hoping to purchase from my favorite (best sales and service customer service), but willing to buy elsewhere if the deal is better.
Mention what you have seen others getting in forums, tell them you have a need to get the best deal.
Take your time. We used to lease, and I find the deals usually better when trading in. Especially if they know you will not buy another brand. Make sure you tell them you are also checking out the sq5 and your husband/wife really wants the Mercedes.
I use my husband as the bad guy if I have to. Example: I really want this car, but my husband doesn’t like it, thinks it’s way too expensive so I need an amazing deal or he won’t agree. My husband wants to buy from other dealership, but I prefer yours. I need a special deal to convince him...
At the end, before you agree to the already amazing deal, go into showroom, tell salesperson “ ok, I will sign right now if they can find another $200/$500... If they say no, and you are satisfied with the deal, tell them “ok, but add all weather mats, or some other small dealer added thing you may want.
I love this stuff!
Thanks for the info! Am I still able to negotiate the price when I take delivery? All I asked and the dealer's quotes were by emails for now, haven't signed anything yet. Only paid a deposit for it and the order is currently 112.