View Single Post
      07-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #149
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetway View Post
I am new to the forum and have been following the threads concerning pricing at from different people. I seems like there may be up to 10% variance in quotes. I currently have a 2013 x3 28i and am thinking of ordering a 2019 X3 M40i, maybe for spring delivery(no trade in). When should I start the process? I was thinking of sending an RFQ to the internet sales site at 4 dealers here in the NW with a specific build sheet and asking for all rebates, discounts, and finance incentives. Any thoughts on how to format this? Should I go outside the area, maybe California where they may do more volume, or elsewhere?
Thanks
My technique is to call the dealer (use Skype as the more aggressive dealers will record your CallerID), ask to speak to a salesperson and then say, "I'm shopping and would like to send you the exact configuration I want. Please reply with your best price, including rebates and dealer fees."

Then do it, using a throw-away email address (same caution as Skype).

Most dealers today use CRM systems to deal with email inquiries and are prepared to negotiate and provide firm pricing via email.

As an old farht (get it?), it's so much more efficient than it used to be. Worked like a charm for me (see above).

I do think you are starting too early. I spent several weeks in the ordering guide and doing test drives but spent only a day buying. Prep is everything. You should know both exactly what you want and exactly what a good deal is. That depends on market conditions which change rapidly and unexpectedly.

One other tip. Use Excel to record the offers, compute discounts and price the build.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 1