View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 03:22 AM   #2513
jimmmyzhou
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboisetta View Post
I’m also interested to see if we can code an X3M cluster and HUD into pre-2020 cars (round dials but still full digital display).

I fired up BimmerCode to try and replicate the results above. Unsurprisingly, the coding options are different on ID6 cars. I enabled everything I could track down with “M” in the name in the head unit and KOMBI2 modules. Sadly, i was unable to get the X3M cluster to show. I was able to get the head unit to show “M setup” and the M heads up display as an option and I could even check the box, but I could not get the shift lights and rev counter to appear in the HUD.

I am extremely interested in successfully coding this onto my 2019 car, not only for the shift lights but also for the oil temperature to replace the coolant temp display (“OEL_TEMP_ENABLE” is an option but doesn’t seem to do anything).

Maybe I should hook up my friend’s ID6 X3M and see what is set to active and what’s not. Not sure he’d let me do that, but worth a shot.

If anyone is able to do this, I’d be happy to pass along a small research fee

Some info(maybe not 100% correct): iD6 X3M uses different cluster hardware although the normal one you get is also full digital. So if you want the M cluster the only possible way is to change your original one with a X3M one.
Appreciate 0