View Single Post
      12-31-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
ExclusiveAuto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by starterkit View Post
First part of the problem sounds like a boost leak. I had something similar on my 335. Went through a few rounds of trying to determine the leak. Quite a pain tbh. Mechanic had to drop the engine, go through all the possible sources of the leak and replaced a bunch of stuff since it was unclear which was actually the source of the leak.
thats what I thought too... Checked nearly everything. Not many areas left to leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riick View Post
So just bring it to the BMW dealership and have them fix it
I have brought it into bmw. They do not have any definitive diagnosis and want to guess and throw parts at it.... at $200/hr labor with that labor rate INCREASING as the job time increases.... So, im gonna pass on that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
Some people like to tinker with their own cars. I do and can usually figure stuff out. If it ends up that I can't I'll take it to a mechanic I trust. One of my cars has a misfire problem, mostly with cylinder 4. Over time I've:

Cleaned the MAF and replaced the PCV valve.

Swapped COP in cylinders 3 & 4.

Swapped injectors in cylinders 3 & 4.

Replaced one vacuum line and secured air intake couplers.

Looked over spark plug wiring harness.

Installed new plugs and new COPs.

Tested impedence in bank one injectors. All tested within spec.

Used a propane bottle to run along all vacuum lines, intake, and throttle body

I'm sure there's something I've overlooked. If I don't figure it out soon, I'll take it to mechanic - but not until I'm done tinkering.

do you get an "actual" check engine light on the cluster?
Appreciate 0