Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstbmwyxe View Post
Wow! I didn't expect the how active this forum is! It was my first post, and didn't expect such a quick response. Sorry, I should've been more clear.
I am currently at around 4000km mark, and now both of the mufflers are flaking. So, I took it in the BMW wondering if it's a manufacture defect from the parts, and asked them if I can have both replaced. They told me that they will not replace them, because it doesn't make sense for them to replace it every few thousand kms. Which it is understandable, which they told me to reach out to BMW Canada to see what they would be able to do.
The BMW customer service responded kindly saying that they will cover any manufacturer's defects during the 4yr/80,000km, but that this specific issue (interior muffler flaking) is not consistent with a manufacturing defect and that there is no further assistance they are able to provide me.
From the responses that I got from the dealership and BMW Canada, I want to safely assume that they won't replace it anymore.

I understand that this is such a small problem that does not affect the drive at all, but I am one of those that like to keep the vehicle's appearance all clean and spoiled at all times. Small chips and flakes bother me. Maybe I just need to let that honey moon phase pass.
Since BMW failed you, I would try carefully spraying some BBQ paint on the inside of the entire tips. But first mask off the painted bodywork and black chrome on the tips.
If mine start to flake, this is what I'll be doing. I can't be bothered to chase my dealer 2 or 3 times a year to replace the tips. I've no doubt they'd be telling me to sod off after the 2nd request.

$5 can of bbq/heat spray paint sounds good to me! 3 mins in the driveway vs hours/days in the shop.
Lol...just checked mine today. Guess what I'll be doing on Saturday! Too funny
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0