View Single Post
      03-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #42
kkcc123
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjosco View Post
I just installed mine last night and agree with all the FranzX3M comments. I also added the VRSF charge pipe upgrade at the same time as well(another complete joy to do getting the stock pipe out in one piece) The angle of the IC inlet/outlet pipes is wrong and really makes engaging the inlet and outlet tubes tough. Also the bracket is total BS. I too had to mod mine and ended up running a course thread screw up through the IC lower mounting holes, through the crappy aluminum provided bracket(which don't match the mounting hole pattern) and up into the upper plastic OEM mount. It's not going anywhere now! If you are working on your back you will definitely need to use a floor jack to raise up the new IC, it is heavy trying to hold it up with your hand. I thought "no way this will fit" when I had it sitting side by side with my stocker, but it barely does. I didn't have to cut any plastic on that front air dam. I just pulled the air dam underneath the IC and it will sandwich under the bottom car plastic cover.

I gave up last night trying to get the fan back in since as noted above, it will no longer fit right. I will have to look into trimming the bottom tabs and potentially the lower fan edge to see if I can get it aligned correctly again. This will be today's job along with installing the vrsf catted DP(that turbo vband bolt looks really fun, joy)

Too bad my GFB DV+ came after all this, hopefully I can just remove the WP bolts and move it out of the way to get the DV in/out. They sure don't give you a lot of room to work on this platform!

With my BM3 stage 2 tune and trans tune this should be a fun ride. Maybe a Pure Stage 2 will be in my future. Is there a big difference adding this? Do you also need to up the LP and HP fuel system to support? Just Bring My Wallet!
how much cutting did u have to do i just ordered 1 for easy installment "oem replacement" but now im reading bout all this cutting and holes not lining up was it worth it? how long did it take just for ic?
Appreciate 0