10-15-2019, 07:45 PM   #38
E90705
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90/F25 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranzX3M View Post
Well I got mine installed but what a shit show. The claimed 1.5 hrs to install is a joke as this is not a bolt up as it requires a lot of finessing, test fitting and customization. Instructions provide = zero. I did have to trim about 2" of the black plastic that is attached to the bumper, trimmed it to where the ribs start. Maybe could have left 1/4".
The provided brackets dont work as is. The hole spacing isn't even correct. I had to slot the holes to match the stock mounting holes and to provide adjustment. You need to fit and adjust the brackets so that the intercooler lies flush with the back of the radiator so that the fan sits flush on both. I ended drilling pilot holes through the provided brackets and driving a decent 2" screw with washers, up through both sides of the bracket and the plastic.
The fan sits a bit higher, even after cutting off the fan tabs and slotting the fan to fit the intercooler fan brackets. The bottom of the fan is just lower than the intercooler however I still had to slot the top passenger side bolt hole and cut a bit off of the driver side engagement tab.
After all that the charge pipe won't snap on no matter what I did so I had to take off the intercooler to find out that the intercooler nozzle is out of round or cast wrong. The charge pipe fit fine on the other side nozzle so it wasnt the charge pipe. Recommend checking this first!.
Also the intercooler inlet and outlet nozzles dont end up in quite the same place so getting the charge and boost pipes on takes some work. If using aftermarket pipes, best to order some longer silicone couplings.

Its a nice upgrade however VRSF should provide instructions, brackets that fit/work, do some quality control, and be up front on what is involved.
Do you have OEM charge and boost pipes? I have the FTP pipes on both sides, made installing easier.
Appreciate 0