Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Yeah, I know flash tunes are always better, but I know the more complex versions of the JB tunes also could be adjusted based on what Hardware you are running. Plus, until 6 months ago, there was no such thing as a flash for these cars, so the piggys were the only way to go and what many people own.

I'm not talking about the minimal gains you get from when you upgrade the FMIC on its own, which it sounds like is what you're referring to. Heck, even without a tune at all, you can add a FMIC and get some gains. Same with the DP.

To fully take advantage of hardware upgrades, You have to be able to tweak the tune or piggyback. Like the "stages" for the Cobb tune I was talking about.

Do you know whether the JB Stage 1 or JB4 can actually be set up based on your hardware?
Let me explain after being a heavy user of JB4 for almost 2yrs even after I joined the flash tune "Bootmod3' in January 2017.

Only a flash tune really takes and uses based on your hardware the right way.
What's funny is a Stage1

The only thing a jb4 stg1 or jb4 (map1) is intended for "what they suggest" for stock cars or low octane. Map2 since its adding 2+ more of boost its intended for cars with Catless downpipe. But now that jb4 has gone carb approved they cannot recommend catless downpipe anymore and does not clear the check engine light caused by it. Since the jb4 is only upping boost (heat).

Futhermore, a FMIC on these cars shows its shine pull after pull where the stock fmic will heatsoak even in a fully stock car. You're Correct

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0