View Single Post
      06-15-2022, 02:30 PM   #16
edwardgb1111
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninuk View Post
I cannot recommend a particular Dash Cam or where to wire it but based on having had a 'Blackvue DR650GW-2CH Wi-Fi Front and Rear Car Camera Driving Recorder' in my last vehicle, I would personally never buy another BlackVue.

It does recommend only using BlackVue branded cards but even after the recommended firmware upgrade, the BlackVue cards I used lasted what appeared to be 5 minutes before it repeatedly squawked 'Please format the SD card'. I unplugged it eventually as I was sick to death of it. That was a complete waste of about £600 including installation and the extra power magic pro to record when parked. I should probably have followed up more than I did with the installer but I was pretty busy at the time and the warranty period flew by.

I have the M Sport Pro and have enabled the drive recorder so will run with that, but if I was having another Dash Cam then I would probably go with something like a Nextbase to keep it simple/cheap(ish) but I would look at the BMW supplied unit which might be worth it if issues arose. Note to self, I must try the BMW Drive Recorder and see if it works!

I’ve had the same BlackVue camera for 7 years. It was removed from my current X3 this morning (car going back to lease company shortly)

It’s an expensive set up but I’ve been happy with it. My soon to be delivered iX3 MSport Pro has drive recorder, so I’ve given the BV to my brother in law to have fitted in his Mercedes.
Appreciate 0