View Single Post
      05-26-2019, 09:50 PM   #1
Ronco21
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 Xdrive35i

Unhappy Major Electronics Malfunction

Hi,

I have a 2011 X3 Xdrive 35i with 70K miles. One day when attempting to start the car everything woke up (as usual) and the car turned over and started. However, the car died after about 2 seconds of running. Repeated attempts to start exhibited the same result.

I replaced the battery as it was the original and did the registration. The car unfortunately still does not stay running. I read the codes which took me in several directions but again the same results. I've replaced the power module located under the cowling (drivers side) under the hood. I've also replaced the fuel sensor module located under the rear seat. I've literally checked hundreds of grounds because I believed (and its still possible) thats what's wrong.

Presently, the car does not always turn on and when it does the starter will not engage when the button is pushed. All the lights on the dash flicker as well as the screen. The door locks will not operate with the key fob or any of the door mounted switches. As I mentioned earlier I get a multitude of codes including chassis stabilization, transmission, light malfunction, etc. The next time I might get something else.

I'm just wondering if the ECM is bad or if anyone has had a similar problem. I've checked every fuse and they all are good. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Ronco21
Appreciate 0