08-20-2022, 02:56 AM   #112
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
My suspension noise is completely gone after installing the isolators (ie like stock now)
Now if Dinan could figure out how to fix the exhaust flap rattle I'd be an even happier camper....
That's great that you've had none of these noise with your springs issues since the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWoX3M View Post
I've had the Dinan spring kit on since June of this year. Overall the look is improved with a mild 1" drop over stock. Ride is better (less abrasive) over bumps and rough patches than stock. The ride feels more composed overall. My only gripe is my kit has caused more noise. Honestly if this was a track dedicated car it wouldn't bother me but as a daily this has really diminished my enjoyment. I bought one of the first sets which didn't come equipped with rubber isolators. Dinan sent them after the fact because I was getting metal clank sounds from the suspension over bumps and road imperfections. Isolators went on a few weeks later which eliminated the metal clank but introduced a rubber sound when parking and going slow on turns. Been working with Dinan support on and off for a while and there's no solution. Replaced the isolators 3x. Even applied white lithium grease which only made the noise more prominent. I'm removing the Dinan kit in a few weeks. Based on my experience, I would go a different route if you're looking for just a lowering spring.
I wonder if this was an isolated experience and/or incident... ?
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0