03-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #59
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Are the 8-speed transmissions the same when comparing the US versions to others? When i put my 35i in drive and slide the shifter over to the left...it is still in normal mode (not sport mode). When i depress the "up" arrow button once it goes into sport mode...press "up" arrow again then it is in sport+ mode.

I can change to Sport and Sport+ without pushing shifter left but can obviously only use paddles to change gears.

With the shifter to the left and in normal mode...I can use the paddles or the shifter to change gears without the transmission taking over and changing gears on me when the revs get to high in normal mode. I am asking because I see some of you get instant sport mode with the shifter to the left.

So basically in the US versions:

Normal Mode: In drive, can't use shifter to change gears, can use paddles but tranny takes over if revs get to high.

Normal Mode: In drive and shifter pushed left, can use both paddles and shifter for gear change, tranny doesn't take over when you push the revs high.

Sport and Sport+ Modes work the same way with the exception the tranny doesn't take over when you push the revs high.

BTW...if the shifter is slipped to the left and you push the P for park...it moves the shifter back to the right automatically and puts the truck in park... cool.

Curious as to how some of your 35is work.

kozzi

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0