View Single Post
      09-29-2019, 08:50 PM   #8
Frankie45
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Tires

After so much research and reading so many blogs I decided to go with non run flat tires on my X3

The first reason was the overall cost since run flats are more expensive and in most situations can't be repaired I figured it would be a better option for the long run.

2nd is I read multiple posts about how noisy run flats were and how much the performance sacrificed. I haven't noticed my Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ to be anymore quieter however the handling is amazing.

I was going back and forth with the Michelin or the continental Dws 06 but since it mostly rains in the Pacific Northwest and only snow 5 days out of the year I went with Michelin.

I was worried about not having a spare but I actually don't even know how to change a tire. The tire warranty covers roadside assistance for 3 years and some people mention buying a repair kit but the likelihood of being able to use the kit is small.

Overall, I'm happy with my decision and the way these tires handle in the rain without hydroplaning is worth everything to me.
Appreciate 0