View Single Post
      03-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #310
FarNorth
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH View Post
Hi FarNorth,

Oh we had sunny weather 20-25°C, except at the Nordkapp where it was rainy, "hyper windy" and cold. it seems to be the regular weather there. But the landscapes all the way down to Oslo are amazing. And I took a lot of pictures with my old camera (non digital).

It is funny how Porsche is perceived here in Europe, in opposition to North America. I admit I would love to have a Cayman GTS, It seems that for North America customers it is more important to have the Porsche badge on the car, and less important to know that some pieces are not Porsche but VAG. Read some European (German and French ones) forums, and no one want to pay for a Porsche badged car, with VAG pieces inside (it doesn't concern the 911). even I admit too the front facia of the Macam is nice.

For sure the X3 has no cargo space as your LC, but I still have been able to put 60 cows inside !!!!!
If there is one option I could recommend you: it is the active suspension. Even with the M sport package and its 19" wheels, the active suspension makes the car really comfortable (it is actually more comfortable than my previous E91 335i Msport Package in 18" wheels). If you want to have the suspension harder, just one press on the button and it is done. Handling is very good too, here is link to my own experience with my x3 on a race track in France http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=257
Yeah, at Nordkapp it is often the weather you experienced. I have been to Nordkapp just once, when I served my duty in the Norwegian army. It was so foggy that I just saw the reflection of my own face when I looked outside the window

I really agree with you about the Porsches. I don't say that the Macan is an ugly car, but I just don't want one

Thanks for the recommendation of the active suspension. I'm planning to take an X3 with this option on loan from the local dealer for a weekend. I have never tried BMW's active suspension but I have it on my Landcruiser (active dampers and air suspension on the rear axle) and I love it. My first Landcruiser didn't have this option and it was a total different car to drive. I really like to have the option to choose the suspension settings, yet it doesn't affect the engine and transmission response as it does on the BMW's.
Appreciate 0