Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robopp View Post
Anecdotal evidence, but the best run I ever had in my RS3 was with reasonable cold temps (40s) with little humidity (read amazing DAs) and DWS06 all season tires. DAs were too cold for P4Ss and a temp increase helped the P4Ss and the 60', but ultimately the car was slower over the entire 1/4 mile. I wasn't the only one with a PR and all season tires with great DAs
Makes sense with temps in the 40s - Summers just can't grab well. Everyone I spoke with at the Strip early that morning was excited about the prospect of good times with the low DAs, but the outlier was the overcast skies all day which didn't allow the track to warm up. Down here in the South it's rare to find anyone using All Seasons at the Strip, except for maybe the occ family car or pick-up just out for a fun time.

If the sun had come out early and stayed, I might've had a chance at your record.
Can't wait for the season to open back up! I'm hoping to get into the 11.6s. Was so close last year.

If you don't mind me asking - where are you on the southeast coast? I'm in the process of building a custom house in north South Carolina right now. Won't be ready for another year though...
Appreciate 0