06-11-2020, 04:32 PM   #22
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza1976 View Post
Nice Thanks Max.

I do have the moon roof, I took the spare out along with the tools, and the PSI in the tires was unchanged. Cold they are set to spec, but with temp in them yesterday, I really can't say what they were.

So not sure if you also saw my Dragy result in the first post as well from this morning. Frankly, if I could have launched like I did this morning at the track yesterday, it would be in the 11's officially at the strip. I was so bummed it wouldn't cooperate, but I'm determined to get another shot at it.
I'll edit the spreadsheet for your entry in the formal 1/4 mile SC page for this info.

I read about Bandimere - they have a really well-prepared surface and as I noted at my Nov 2019 runs at GNV Raceway, I couldn't grip at spec tire PSIs. It doesn't make sense that you would run so much better this morning with your Dragy with just the modestly improved DA as you are still at 5800', regardless of temp, % humidity and Barometric pressure.

I suspect if you go back to Bandimere and set your psi at 32F/32R you'll see improvement in your 0-60' times. Just a hunch, and others may disagree, but those times are similar to what I had in Nov '19 and my tires weren't grabbing at rec psi settings. At 32F/35R I improved, but next time out I'm def setting at 32F/32R, and may need to adjust even lower for our track. Your settings will no doubt differ from what I need at my track, but may be worth trying.

Usual roads that Dragy is often tested on by Members have widely different coefficients of friction than a well-prepared track with tires designed for such, so oftentimes you can get by without carefully analyzing psi vs performance in those settings on regular roads. And it makes it difficult to compare Dragy on a road in NY state vs a backroad in FL or CA, ...

Just my thoughts, FWIW.
Appreciate 0