No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Another pretty positive F97 review. Good to see that the automotive journalists are finally starting to appreciate the sporty, sedan-like manners of X3M and the narrative is slowly shifting from "confused car" to "real performance machine that are as good to drive as they are to look at".

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/5...m-competition/
I'm biased and still think the Macan is the class leader, as we've had one for a couple years now, but the combination of performance and overall cost in the X3M is pretty fantastic. My buddies who have tuned theirs are absolutely loving them. Not sure the G80 will be ready by the time my F80 lease is up, so the F90 and X3M are top of my short list right now. BMW seems to have nailed it.
Having owned both....Macan S, Macan Turbo, and now X3M Competition; my perspective is that the Macan is not the class leader at all. The cost to benefit is far apart. The Tech in the Macan is garbage. The BMW is miles ahead in the tech department. The performance of the X3MC edges out even the Macan Turbo. Macan has 2 redeeming attributes; 1 the sound system is incredible (bmw needs better options): 2 Macan has a wide low stance. The Macan interiors are banal and outdated even with the latest refresh. BMW has done a great job with their interiors where they are up market and very sporty/exciting....the Macan is Such a shame but yeah "fun" to drive but doesn't exceed my expectation....You're paying for a nameplate....blah

Now the cost;

Porsche Macan is way over priced and lease terribly. The lease factors are outrageous, the residuals suck, and there is no included maintenance.

BMW X3M has 57% residual @12k miles, low lease factor (even at launch), included maintenance for up to 3 years/36k miles (except brakes).

It's clear choice and winner for overall value vs performance. X3MC.
Appreciate 6
khailuan110.50
SYT_Shadow11421.00
Transfer5244.00
AlexFL7833.00
smithf802794.00
pluckydks621.50