View Single Post
      06-12-2022, 10:20 PM   #3
quackmeyer
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 F25 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by okayzac View Post
I lived in downtown Seattle with the Pirelli's on a GTI and it ended up kissing the guardrail on my way home from work in an icy patch LOL. I don't think AWD would have avoided it. Those tires were banana peels with any moisture on the ground.
I've been looking at getting the Extremecontact Sport for my car as a Summer only tire as I have Blizzaks for Michigan winter.. But if you expect to drive in Seattle when it snows it can be terrible- the city is not equipped to handle snow. I would lean towards the Extremecontact DWS or even the Michelins unless you think you'll have to do some driving in the city when it has snowed.
Just my .02 from my experiences, though it was a much different car than the X3.
Thanks for the advice, should have mentioned that my X3 does not have AWD, just RWD. I'll be downtown Seattle as well, and will be extra cautious to keep myself off the roads whenever it's below freezing. I'm self-aware that I've lived in Texas all my life and have no business driving on ice/snow

The goal is to either buy a separate set of winter tires or switch to an AWD vehicle after a year or so.
Appreciate 0