shawnpdx121
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsavarese View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Yes, he can sell it to a BMW affiliated dealer network, but the issue is value. In this case the Toyota dealership is offering max value.
Theoretically I can goto a BMW dealer with my lease expiring and negotiate a profit on my leased vehicle if the market value is higher than my residual? Even though it’s not my car - it’s BMWFS? Never tried that angle. I just did a lease return. All my cars have been pristine and under miles at lease turn in. Didn’t know this was an option. Of course these are strange times and who knows what values will be in 5 years and what sorcery manufacturers will do with residuals in lease deals down the road
I did this 3 weeks ago with my 2018 Audi SQ5. Was under miles, but car had minor accident damage that had been repaired (still showed up on the Carfax though) and a cracked windshield. Lease was up end of January, but had already received my '22 X3MC so didn't need the Audi anymore.

I thought about buying it and then reselling it (no sales tax issues in Oregon), but the Audi dealership made me a great offer that avoided all the purchasing and waiting for title hassle.

If I would have done a straight lease return I might have had to pay the lease disposition fee (audi sometimes waives this) and they might have charged me for the windshield. Instead I walked out of the dealership with the lease closed out at no cost and a check made out to me for $4900.
Appreciate 1
BMV///M3418.50