View Single Post
      01-22-2020, 03:46 AM   #20
Carmicro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: T

Hi young04. Welcome to the forum. You mentioned your looking at x3m and m550i. 2 totally different cars. I’m assuming you are looking for a car that can give you space but also performance. I had a 5 series before moving on to the x3 and the main reason I got the x3m was more useable trunk/boot space and easier to put my son in the child seat without breaking my back and having only one car I decided to go for the performance as well. The m550i is a great car V8 455bhp more luxurious than the x3m great car to munch miles in and the boot/trunk is not bad size. So firstly you need to decide what car you need.

The ride in my opinion it not bad. Yes over rough roads you do feel the harshness and stiff suspension kicking in but on ‘normal’ roads it’s really is fine. This is a M car and the majority of M will have a stiffer ride for obvious reasons. My 5 series had 20” wheels with low profile tyres and they were also bad on rough road conditions just like the x3m.

My brother had a m2c and that was super stiff more so than the x3m and he traded it in for a Alfa Giulia Quad.

You need to decide Saloon/Sadan or SUV first.
Appreciate 0