06-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #28
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Silver View Post
I don't care what their profits or volume does for the company's bottom line. Also, any profits the company makes can be used to fund the development and production of any car. You can't say that the profits from an X3 are used to fund future M4 development. That makes no sense... Allocating one models profit to another division's R&D?

That also has absolutely nothing to do with my original comment. I don't like any of the X cars. I think they all look like crap. They all suck on road as well as off road. Thus, making them pointless to me.

As for company profits, how they are allocated, and how M car development and production is determined... That is another story neither of us is qualified to discuss here.
Well look...You and I have both been blessed with owning the crown jewel of BMW - the M3...Me? I've been blessed twice - owning the E46 M3 back in the earlier 2000's...So I guess I don't understand your vitriol against the X's

From my vantage point (as an "M" evangelist) I'm delighted the X's are there to at the very least grow sales - and probably doing so with incremental penetration and increased buy-rate among existing brand buyers...

That is good for future "M" development etc...