View Single Post
      10-20-2021, 05:29 AM   #18
lolo-comp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4MC

Just woke up to see my thread and lots of activity..

Jwong: Yes, Dinan is located on the East Coast but so am I. I am in the NY area so both the shipper and recipient were on east coast. I could have even sent it ground for free and gotten it in time, but I wanted to make 100% sure it would be here so I paid extra to make sure it did. As far as coordinating with the warehouse, that's not my problem. If I am told that it will ship out same day (Order was placed at 9am) and I pay for expedited shipping then nothing else is my concern...its on Dinan to do what they said they would do and what I paid them extra TO do.

M3Pilot: Yes, Dinan is not the same company as it was when Steve Dinan owned the company. I hear that on every car forum on the internet. However, I only purchased an X pipe. Not too much by way of custom fabrication or testing..its two pieces of pipe welded in the middle. All it needs to do is fit properly, the design is as simple as it gets. Designed to eliminate the resonator and connect to the rest of the system. I dont think anyone else even makes this part for X4's so, its Dinan or nothing.

As far as complete exhausts that can be purchased from other companies, well I wouldn't be considering Dinan for something like that. Akra, Kline.. I mean there are dozens of companies that are well established with fantastic products and track records, so thats where I would be looking if I wanted something like that.

As a follow up, I contacted my local UPS rep who told me they are going to try and pull the pipe and let me go and pick it up from the main hub. I am in CT and the hub is in NY, but I am going to make the 30 mile drive each way in 8am NY traffic to try and get the pipe and make my install appt at 10am. If I can then the pipe will get installed and reviewed and if not then its going back to Dinan and we can continue the AMEX dispute until I get a full refund.

If y'all knew me you would know I am a principle oriented guy and will fight to the end to make sure I am not wronged, even if the shipping is $20, I will spend 3 hours of my life submitting emails, making calls and providing supporting evidence. Not the smartest or most economical way to spend my time, but as I said it comes down to principle and whats right so I am that one guy who's wheel gets greased
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12805.00