Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 340iRN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 340iRN View Post
Thank you for the suggestion. I will reach out on Monday. I was ordering a 2021 when I was locked out of 2021 last month. I guess if BMW is going to lock people out of 2021, BMW should have the ability to order 2022 soon thereafter. I'm glad I paid for my place in line but was told east coast gets allocations after west coast due to demand
sorry, not following, what prevents you from ordering a 2022 right now?
There are example orders in this thread that list the known '22 color, package and individual option order codes. Yes, we're missing a comprehensive options guide but all major options (and exclusions) have been covered here, you can always have your SA inquire directly with BMW for other items.

Allocations are specific to dealers, I'm also on the east coast and wasted several weeks waiting for a specific dealer to get an allocation for a '21, which never materialized. I then reached out to a broker that hunted down an allocation for me and had an order placed for a '22 within 2 days. Production # received same day.
Never done that before and am new to the idea. Quick research would support 8-10% of the vehicle price. My current lease is good through December and dealer said likely end of July early August for ordering. Not gonna spend that much more on something that's going to happen anyway when I have 5 months to go. Thoughts?
What I would do in your shoes:

Check the resale price of your car. If it's higher than the residual, plan your acquisition now and order the X3M to get your car in Mid/late August.

Your dealership can order as soon as they have an allocation, but if they order now, your car will arrive earlier than your lease expires. They are either timing your purchase (giving those coveted slots to someone that actually wants the car right now) or they don't have an allocation and are waiting for one. If they have an allocation, they can order today. Period.

If you are not in much of a hurry and want a better price, the more sensible idea is to wait.

I want my car yesterday, so I'm willing to pay a bit more and get isht 💩 financing programs.

Good luck.
I am okay getting it in October, but yes, he told me he has no allocations at the moment. I would like it now though, lol! I already have a guy picking it up with a trailer to paint correct, ppf, and ceramic coat before I even drive it.
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00