Rep
Drives: 22 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
Got a hit from one of them!

Dear Mr. Reynolds,

Thank you for your e-mail.

In order to facilitate your request, we kindly ask you to send us the vehicle identification number (VIN) and the license plate number of your BMW as well as a phone number we can reach you at during the daytime.

If you have further questions or inquiries, we kindly ask you to include your customer ID.

Many thanks in advance for your efforts.
So follow up. I'm getting the run around but am not giving up yet.

Here is the correspondence so far:

So I waited 2 days and no phone call. So I wrote them back:

Hello again. Do you know when you are planning on calling me? Thank you.

I then get a response from the BMW 'Not Genius' Team:
Hi Mr. Reynolds,

Thanks for contacting the BMW Genius Team.

The BMW Genius is a product expert in the features and technology of the vehicle. We have limited mechanical technical information at this location regarding your request on Axle Oil. This information has been allocated to the service teams at authorized BMW centers. Our apologies for the inconvenience that your information was forwarded to our team and we are unable to assist.

Useless...passing the buck.

They also respond directly again:
Dear Mr. Reynolds,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The BMW Kundenbetreuung can only provide support for matters concerning the German market. We have forwarded your e-mail to the responsible department for international matters to avoid any delay. Please be patient until your request is processed.

Kind regards,

BMW Kundenbetreuung

My response:
I received the message from the 'responsible department' which was bmwgenius@bmwusa.com as they copied the email I sent you. This was their response: ' Our apologies for the inconvenience that your information was forwarded to our team and we are unable to assist.' So it is back to you to resolve the issue.

The same differentials (BMW X3 F25) are all assembled in South Carolina and then shipped to my market and those overseas including Germany are they not? I know they are because I took a tour of the plant when I purchased mine. These were designed in Germany for ALL markets. The German answer to my question is the same. So please answer it. Thank you.
Appreciate 0