Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenous666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
My understand is the X3 G01 even the 2021 does not support ID7 only ID6 so much that is talked about in those documents is not supported for the X3 at present. If I am wrong let know since this is what the Dealer told me about our new X3 we are waiting on. Not that I trust what the dealer says but I asked this specific question since ID7 support remote start and they was one the Wife's would like to have in her new car.
With cars build after September 2019 X3 G01 supports iDrive 7 when the car was ordered with Live Cockpit Professional headunit.

But due to the G01s hardware platform is based on SP15 hardware, some functions which require SP18 hardware are not supported:

- Remote Software Update
- Keyless Go
- NFC Smartphone Key
- Driver Awareness Camera
- Assistant system status LEDs in the steering wheel
- Remote Start
- Climate control with voice commands

If the car was ordered with basic headunt it will still have iDrive 6.
Thanks for the clarification, so it the hardware version the X3 do that have that limits some of the functionality, does not surprise me the dealer has not clue. One SA said it had ID7 so I said then it should support remote start since most everything I read said ID7 and Live Cockpit feature was required which we ordered. Finally another SA insisted it only has ID6, no where I read it requires updated hardware.
Appreciate 0