pyo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcow View Post
It's not the parking camera for the front view that's on the grille. As pyo mentioned, it's the one behind the windshield, so you'll look near the rear view mirror area from the outside of the car to see the driver's assistance cameras.

If it's sagging, that's the source of the issue. Be prepared to fight the dealership since the only fix will be a windshield replacement and it seems like they're already trying to blame your lowered car. You might need to go to different dealerships to get it taken care of.
definitely fight it, if this is the case. there are plenty of us that got it done under warranty. tell them to talk to the BMW NA engineers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0jjimb0 View Post
I have a cracked windshield and the dealer wanted to charge like 4k to replace it. Geico suggested using safe-lite and it looks like I will only have to pay a $500 deductible and they will replace it and re-calibrate all the sensors. So if you have to remove/replace the winshield safe-lite may be the way to go.

fuck dealerships. scumbags all the way around.
4k?!?! I'm actually on my 3rd windshield...1st was replaced due to KAFAS mount under warranty and 2nd due to a crack. Safelite charged $1,780.54; this was with OEM BMW HUD glass and ADAS recalibration. $0 from me though since I went thru insurance
Appreciate 1
SCCThree816.00