First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i, 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlrbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by suby01 View Post
Nothing from MHD. They were in BETA and now that the new software update is out that blocks DME unlock on 340i and M40i.

We are out of luck, they have been trying for past 3 and half months. And I was told by BM3 that if youre looking to have a tune done via OBD it is locked as well.

You can only send it in, at that point you might as well get a custom dyno tune from your local shop.
Got the same back from BM3 myself!
Options now - JB4? RaceChip?

I already have a B58 JB4 from my previous car - but install looks more difficult on the X3. Access through to the OBD via the firewall is very narrow and appears to be covered by a single use piece of foil rather than a rubber bung.
So does this mean the flash tuning either the 340i or X3 M40i won't be possible if those cars get the latest software update? I own both cars and am interested in flash tuning both. If that's the case then going with a piggyback tuner like JB4, Racechip, Dinan, etc. would be the only option, correct? Also, when did this latest software update come out from BMW and is it installed by dealerships when you bring your car in for service next?