View Single Post
      02-24-2016, 07:45 AM   #19
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYAWE60
The problem with this car is that pictures do it no justice. In person, it is a whole lot nicer. I didn't like it much in pictures when the X4 was first released but when I saw it in person, it looked miles better. Couple that with the comment above about potential X5M/X6M levels of power and all of a sudden it becomes a great bargain.
Potential F85 power? C'mon, it's a great BMW (with a v dated interior), but don't fool yourself (or anyone else here) into thinking that anything short of a fully built engine (at great, unrecoverable expense) will get you anywhere near advertised S63TU output, much less it's actual output (closer to 650hp, see here: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1179357 ).

With a G01 X3/4M confirmed and on the horizon- with what is likely with the S55, meaningful improvements to chassis (weight, proper DHP, etc.) and a greatly improved interior finishes- this car doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Buy a gently used LCI X3 xDrive35i M sport for $20k+ less and trade it in on your G01 X3/4M.

Or lease, I suppose.
Appreciate 1