Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiSage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
What's wrong with the messaging? It reads and I dictate to it all the time. I get a notification, it reads, asks if I want to respond, reads what it plans to send, or I can initiate.
Can you define, in excruciating detail, exactly what happens when you "get a notification"? Because for many of us, the only "notification" we receive for a message is when the text message banner appears on the top of the iDrive main screen, briefly for about 3 seconds. You'd have to be not looking at the road at that exact time, look at the screen, to even know you have a message.
Sure. I get a drop down message that hangs out for ~30 seconds, and when that goes away there's a red indicator on the CarPlay messages app icon to indicate there are new messages (same as on the iPhone). This is in the left side bar, you don't have to go to the home screen to see it. The screen is literally right in front of my face, so I don't often not see the drop down.

I don't mind not having the music mute and a chime every single time I get a message while driving. It stresses me out to try to maintain a conversation that way. I much prefer to see the indicator and have the messages read to me when I'm cruising or not in the middle of a good song.
Appreciate 0