View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #1
F30NFifty5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i XDrive 6mt / e83 X3

I bought an X3 yesterday!

*Current 2015 335i 6mt owner*
Looked at an 05 x3 3.0 Saturday for my lady who will be commuting from NY-NJ daily along with our 2 yr old daughter. Needed something safe, yet more tasteful than a RAV-4 (nothing against toyota). Took it on a test drive and before we could get out of the lot the triage of cluster lights came on(transfer case actuator and/or gear issue) so I brought it right back. Continued my search until I found a pretty decently priced($5,200) 07 X3 3.0 si with 117,000 for sale in Jersey. Interior was in good-fair condition which was a selling point for me. Not to mention the vehicle averaged less than 10,000 miles a year being that its an 07. After a test drive and visual inspection we came home with it.

I want to do some performance bolt on mods(intake and/or high flow filter, exhaust, etc) but the problem is there's very little info on mods for the e83x3 listed in the forum. I'm willing to spend a little money on the x3 to improve the performance and reliability.

FEW QUESTIONS...

1) What type of maintenance should I consider doing first before modding the vehicle? Im thinking front/rear diff fluid, transfer case fluid, power steering flush

2) Besides the transfer case and oil leaks issues these cars are cursed with, what should I be expecting to replace on this 117,000mile X3?

3) What performance mods are available for this N52B30 engine? correct me if I got the engine wrong
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
X3MS11.50