Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 x3mC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP30 View Post
Congrats. Looks amazing - BG really looks different at various angles, and the more I see these rims the more I am jealous. They really make the car look much more aggressive from the side in my opinion.
Interesting what you say about torque/being quicker off the line. What is your opinion on ride quality, especially in comfort?
Thanks, JP30. We haven't noticed much difference between the LCI and the pre-LCI from a comfort standpoint, but keep in mind we both had the ISTA-P March update on our 2020 models, and we've thought the ride is pretty much what we expected it to be in a M Comp model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingmongoose View Post
Two questions. Did you have your older x3m updated to the new istep that improved ride quality? That greatly altered suspension, throttle, steering and transmission tuning.

How does the driving assistant pro compare to the older adaptive cruise control?(which also improved with the above software update)
Edit to add sittingmongoose's questions which posted simultaneously as I was working on JP30's.

Just saw your questions after I posted my reply to JP30, so yes, we had the ISTA-P March updates on our pre-LCI models. I didn't try out the Driving Asst Pro during my extended drive as I wanted to get a solid hands-on feeling of it's handling and response. Good question, though, and I'll share more on that in the future once I get a chance to try it out.

Forgot to mention three things in initial post:

1. It came with Contis so our Dealership switched them out for her 10-month-old Michelin PS4S which only had about 6K miles on them

2. Appears BMW is still using the newer flimsy rear license plate bracket design, so we took her old one (background on that issue: https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652123 )

3. Active Sound Design (‘ASD) – with iD7 we’ve now lost the ability to use the bypass harness which we had in her iD6 HK sound system. As we were set with the harness, I admit to not keeping up with the discussion in the iD7 world, but on searching it appears the only way to get rid of it now is to code it off? For those who don’t want to DIY code with Bimmercode or other Apps, is the only other way contacting Svc Dept to have them turn it off? Will that be a one-time deal or do their changes also get overwritten with software updates? Would be helpful in the next gen series to just have a simple end-user setting to get rid of it…
Nice! Yea I'm super interested in the change to adaptive cruise!

As for active sound, don't go to your service center, they won't do it. If you don't want to do it yourself, code my bimmer is quite good! I recommend them. They are responsive, accommodating and fairly priced.
Appreciate 1
Max Well4717.50