View Single Post
      03-31-2020, 09:38 AM   #9
Macanakey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC, X5M, 911Turbo & GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
I'm biased and still think the Macan is the class leader, as we've had one for a couple years now, but the combination of performance and overall cost in the X3M is pretty fantastic. My buddies who have tuned theirs are absolutely loving them. Not sure the G80 will be ready by the time my F80 lease is up, so the F90 and X3M are top of my short list right now. BMW seems to have nailed it.
I reluctantly replaced my 2016 Macan Turbo at year-end with an X3MC, only because we'd had several problems with the Macan & were concerned about keeping it long-term, even with an extended warranty. I think both cars have their strong points. I found the Macan's seats & driving position to be much more comfortable than the X3's, bu the X3 feels more agile & responsive to me than my (tuned) Macan did.

Interior fit & finish was much nicer on the Macan, too. I just couldn't bring myself to pay another $20K+ to go into another Turbo & I was annoyed with our local dealership & didn't want to deal with them anymore. I'm not unhappy with the X3, but I do wish my Macan had been more reliable. We hadn't planned on replacing it when we did.
1997 911 Targa, Zenith Blue
2017 GT3-RS Lava Orange (LEGO)
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7836.00