07-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #55
Majec9-7
Enlisted Member
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: '07 E87 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
This is the only AWD post I've seen on here so far, do you have any more evidence to back this up, like a webpage or so?
Sorry, I know I said that in a determinstic fashion, that was actually just my guess, I mean to me it only seems reasonable to offer both sDrive and xDrive as it's offered on every other SUV in BMW's lineup in the States.

sor and midwest 340xi 6sp - I get that people want it, but the want is still unreasonable I think, not saying they shouldn't have the option to buy it. Of course people are free to like what they want. IMO the AWD trend is actually just a marketing product - I remember 15 years ago most people didn't have AWD where I live and they didn't want it - for reasons which still stand today - unnecessary weight, worse driving experience and cost associated with it. But the marketing has pushed this so far (especially in luxury sedan class - started with Audi which had the better Quattro system, the costumers who didn't pay lots of attention just saw that MB and BMW were missing it, which in turn spurred these two to start pushing AWD systems on every car) that now you can't find the sportiest versions of models in RWD form. Still, the cheaper brand cars are still able to get to work normally and on time in winter (which usually don't have AWD). I reckon that for extreme cases it's smart to have one AWD car at home.
Appreciate 0