09-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #47
ghstm2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 M2/F97 X3M COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberzus View Post
Hi guys!

Just got my 2020 X3M in Donington Grey and had some questions about the ZF 8 speed automatic transmission. I posted this as a question in another thread, with no response. I thought I'd start a thread on this.

Does anyone know if the ZF 8 speed will let you keep it "on boil" in Auto mode (on most aggressive shift level 3) so it will automatically shift for you when doing a 2nd gear roll at say 40MPH?

Say you're driving down the street in 5th gear auto mode, in Sport+ in "D" mode shift level 3. Then you want to downshift to 2nd gear to keep the motor "on boil", then floor it and have the transmission *automatically shift for you.

My Audi's all did this which was great for roll racing or overtaking in desired gear without waiting for the kickdown and the turbos/transmission to react..
I have not found a way this can be done in the X3M (or F80's, but that was DCT). In my F80's I had to manually shift which was annoying on rolls.

I hope that makes sense. Can anyone confirm this?
I have experienced this as well. On anything from sport to sport plus and auto shifting it holds the gear I can literally accelerate over 4K rpms and it still does not shift to higher gear. I think the system thinks you are sending it. Lol
Appreciate 0