Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 i30xdrive

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonmouth View Post
How unfortunate. I would deal with the clunky low-speed performance to have the incredible canyon carving though.

I have yet to see a luxury car infotainment system equal to or better than iDrive, short of Tesla. MMI still looks low-res (with the exception of the new A8). Volvo, meh. COMAND looks older than it is, and is much less intuitive. I can't speak to Caddy or Lincoln, but let's say I have my doubts.
check out the new A class Merc infotainment, the Panamera infotainment and the new A6 infotainment. Of the three the Merc is ahead the maps overlayed with front camera is sic! This is from their entry level car.

Start from 4:00
I watched that video. I was intrigued by the looks (I do think the exterior is very nice)...

...and then wanted to vomit seeing that dash. I HATE the idea of just one, giant screen across the front. There's nothing physical at all now about the dials etc. Sure it gives them freedom to make everything look however they want, but IMO, it just doesn't even look like a car anymore. Just looks like some video game cockpit.
Appreciate 0