01-09-2020, 12:34 PM   #22
MrBigB
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i / 1991 MR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewfromthehou View Post
So I completed the install today and wanted to give a update for anyone that may be interested in the same.

While I had the seats disconnected I went ahead and covered a good portion of the floor with sound deadening foam. Then inside of the enclosure added a little Acousta-Stuf polyfill.

What I was going for was tighter and more clear bass but I am actually surprised by the results. The bass level (even before break-in) is tight but also much more punchy. I'm shocked with how much more bass this added to the system. The deadening also helped with road noise a ton and now when playing the music and stepping outside the car it doesn't have the loud rattle noise I was experiencing with the stock system.

All in all, if you are not looking for chest pounding bass and want a OEM looking solution this is a great way to get it. Now it just makes me want to do the stage 1 speaker upgrade with it because now you can tell how horrible of quality the HK speakers are.
Thank you for share the experience, the advantages of the HK system for me is actually the brand name and their software (logic 7) but as long as you have an amplifier with built in DSP you don't worry about tunability. Plus the Harman Kardon tweeter cover looks way better than the black grill of HIFI system.
Appreciate 0