01-08-2020, 11:59 PM   #18
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
I've found the bass to be quite sufficient, great in fact. Not only in my X3MC but also in my '19 M40i and even my F25 '15. Mind you, I have the bass cranked full and the equalizer set appropriately as well.
Interesting… When you say you have set the equalizer appropriately, from what I saw, when I just the bass, and then go to the equalizer, it seems to have automatically adjusted itself. I cranked the bass to the max, and the EQ curve was maxed out on the left side too. Are you doing something different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigB View Post
Sorry I didn't mention before, my first step is to swap the amp with MATCHUP 7 BMW, and found my system still lag of clean bass so I replaced the subwoofer.

APBMW S8-2 told you the 2ohm impedance by name
Thanks. So you mean your first step WAS (not is) to swap the amp? If so, your results with the Audison subs are impacted by two changes at once, am I right?

I'm not looking to replace the stock amp. Was just wondering if I was to replace the stock subs only, how much improvement I might get.

In such a case, do you think the Audison subs you used would provide the same results as the two guys below?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Same stock amp for now. So far I have been fine with stock amp.

More punch needed, but clarity matters more for these old ear that used to play with a lot of SPL system.
Thanks. You indicated earlier "The BavSound have better clarity". So on the stock amp, you don't "feel" the bass any more than with the stock ones? That seems to be different than what drew experienced.

And isn't that what their marketing says? That it punches harder too? Myself, not being an audiophile, I'm just looking for more bass I can feel and trying to decide if it's worth the cost to replace the subs if I'm not going to upgrade the amp too...

Most people tend to say that to really get the most out of replacement subs would be to add more power to them also. I wonder if any of the harnesses Technic makes (famous on the forums from the E9x which also had 8" subs under the seats, and he pioneered this technique) might work for this car...

http://technicpnp.com/product-catego...-top-hifi-688/

Basically he made a plug and play harness that connects to your amp, without cutting any of the wires, allowing you to bypass the stock amp from feeding the subs, and instead for you to connect a new amp in the trunk to it and have its power go to the subs, using the existing factory wires! Damn brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewfromthehou View Post
So I completed the install today and wanted to give a update for anyone that may be interested in the same.

While I had the seats disconnected I went ahead and covered a good portion of the floor with sound deadening foam. Then inside of the enclosure added a little Acousta-Stuf polyfill.

What I was going for was tighter and more clear bass but I am actually surprised by the results. The bass level (even before break-in) is tight but also much more punchy. I'm shocked with how much more bass this added to the system.

The deadening also helped with road noise a ton and now when playing the music and stepping outside the car it doesn't have the loud rattle noise I was experiencing with the stock system.

All in all, if you are not looking for chest pounding bass and want a OEM looking solution this is a great way to get it. Now it just makes me want to do the stage 1 speaker upgrade with it because now you can tell how horrible of quality the HK speakers are.
That's great to hear. Did you consider the Audison subs by any chance (or others) and how come you ruled them out?
Appreciate 0