07-22-2020, 07:27 AM   #31
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgc1980 View Post
New pressure converter installed today at dealer. 15 minutes into the drive home...drive train alert.
Dealer coming tomorrow to take the offending vehicle back to the shop. I'll mention the charge pipes...Thanks, Marty
You sure its not an "offending dealer" instead? I remember many years ago taking my car to the BMW dealer for an oil change, 27 point inspection and brake fluid change. They called said it was done, I picked it up and started driving home and you know after the engine warms up, the oil level indicator displays the level, right? Well when it did, it indicated it was only 3/4 full. I turned around and brought it back and complained. This is what they said..."we drain all the oil and we know how much oil the engine takes and we measure that amount when we put the new oil in it". I said, that's nice. Did you think to look at the oil level indicator to get a confirmation? They said, "no, we don't do that". I was sorta pissed, they brought it back in the shop and ended up replacing the oil level sensor.
Appreciate 0