View Single Post
      01-03-2022, 11:29 AM   #14
mattgod69
Rep
Drives: 840i Grand Coupe

BMW 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_M_VV View Post
My car doesn't show any message in "ConnectedDrive -> BMW Messages" during the registration process. I tried twice and each time it said "This code has been sent to your vehicle. You will find it in the vehicle in the ConnectedDrive menu under Messages." But there is just no messages so I cannot complete the registration process.

My car does display local weather and news dynamically, so it appears there is internet connection.
Happy new year to everyone!

I am probably in the wrong section of this forum, sorry if i am, but i have this issue on my 840i.

The infotainment system was working ok, but i then noticed yesterday that the Spotify app had stopped working with the car. I thought i would resent the software in the car.

This is when my problems started. Since then i do not have many apps (just personal assistance and bmw assistance). I also do not have BMW Messages in the main com menu, see attached pics.

Perhaps more importantly I do not have BMW messages showing either so when i add the car using the VIN, i cannot enter to code to connect it as no message is received (even though it says it is sent). I have tried everything more than once... including removing the app, resetting the car (more than once), changing passwords (for some reason the login on the website was not accepting the password at one point even though it was right).

I am getting frustrated with the connected services in the car. Previously, since having it, my phone often would not connect (it is android) and i have to manually remove it and add it again. I also have it connected but not coming out of the speakers... although this is normally easily sorted out. One time this happened i reset the car but did not need to reconnect it with the app (using the vin and the code) as it was remembered, so i must have done something different this time, to disconnect the car from the account.

Yesterday the Spotify app did come back and i managed to pair ok, but i wanted to reconnect the app with the car so tried again to reset it.... now i am back to still not having it connected and also having no Spotify!

I have tried the enable all services, use wi-fi etc, nothing seems to bring the apps or BMW messages back. The only thing i have not done is enabled android auto as this does not seem to work when the phone uses a vpn which then causes phone to come up with errors over and over again when the android auto connection fails.....

Has anyone else had these problems? I have no idea how to get all the apps back that i had previously not how to get the car so it can see messages from BMW. Aby comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Matt
Attached Images

Last edited by mattgod69; 01-03-2022 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: adding file
Appreciate 0