View Single Post
      06-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #10
BMWGuySweden
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Thank you for your responses. This is so difficult. I've never owned an SUV. So very comfortable with sedans. But was really looking forward to the m40i and owning a suv. Drove both again today and the m40i is just awesome engine wise. Sitting high up feels different but something I could definitely get use to. The 530 feels much more what I'm use to. Engine is fine but nothing special. Interior I think is a slight win for the 530 but it's very close. The 530 has m-sport suspension which felt good. It was actually more engaging to drive than I'd expected.

One thing I've been thinking of is it seems like quite a few issues with the new X3 so far. I had prepared a list with things to inspect at delivery for the m40i like ambient lighting, temperature in the back, folding side mirrors, sound from front windows. All issues that have been brought up here. On top of that there have been other issues like spontaneous emergency braking, system sound disappearing, electrical problems.

I have no idea if the g30 has similar problems but I'm going to do some research tonight. Because this might just be the deciding factor. Together with the price difference of course.
Appreciate 0