swestland85
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 + F21

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Our X3 has adaptive headlights and they work as expected with the lights following the steering wheel as you turn.

But adaptive is off by default, you have to push a button on one of the stalks on the steering column to activate it.

Why do you think adaptive headlights are on a button? When would you not want to use them?
Are you sure you're not taking about the high beam assist? That's is something you need to turn on. I guess because it's not a flawless system but something you turn on on dark highways or country roads.

It works perfect by the way, really impressive even on twisted roads! This is a must have option, not only because of the icon DRL which come with it but also because of the high beam assist. Unfortunately its turned off for the US (and Canada I guess).
Previous cars: E91 330d High Executive, Sapphire Black | F21 120i M Sport, Sapphire Black | F31 320dA Efficient Dynamics Edition, High Executive, Imperialblue, Luxury Line, Style 392 17" | E90 325i Montego blue, saddelbrown leather, V-style 285 17" rims
Appreciate 0