View Single Post
      02-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #77
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

This is my understanding of the current 6NR situation. Please feel free to correct or comment. This information comes from BMW Group UK (including their technical team) and some of it indirectly from BMW AG in Germany.
Part of the confusion seems to come from the fact that 6NR should have already been available now and was delayed because of some technical issues (source: BMW Germany).

1. 6NR is not yet available on new UK orders but will become available as an option soon. Probably in March when it also becomes available in the US. I would ignore the fact it has appeared on the UK xDrive20d M Sport configurator (but not the SE?!?)

2. 6NR will also be available as an accessory to people that already have an F25 X3 providing it has options:

- a. 633 BLUETOOTH TELEPHONE PREP
- b. 6FL USB AUDIO INTERFACE
- c. 6NF TELEPHONE USB AUDIO INTERFACE
- d. Professional Multimedia Package

All of these options are already part of the professional multimedia package so I’m not sure why the prerequisites are listed like this. I can only assume the only prerequisite is Professional Multimedia.

3. To get 6NR if you already have an X3 with Prof Multimedia, you will need to purchase:

- a. new iPhone snap-in media adaptor / cradle (available April), estimate £135 ($220)
- b. 6NR software update (available April) £130 ($210)

I should get some more details of the email from BMW AG in Germany and when I do, I will post

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0