04-27-2016, 05:47 AM   #91
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Compact and mid entry or in BMW Speak UKL+ & KKL+ Segments continue to grow as do MKL+ and GKL+.
As a business you cannot ignore the segments that bring increased growth and are segments mostly in demand by customers.
You have only have to look at how markets -The US for example in regards to BMW,Audi and Mercedes-Benz are seeing further increase in SUVs rather than conventional portfolio models.

Its a Sign O' The Times.
Scott, you're actually making my point. Just because there are a few bucks to be made in a specific niche sector, doesn't mean BMW has to fill it. Brand dilution is a real thing, and not just a word forum members throw around.

Celebrities do not like to be seen too often. Because that makes them less special. It dilutes their image. They have "brand managers" to watch their image, how many times they are seen in print and how many interviews they can allow. They get this concept.

And BTW, don't you think companies like Ferrari and Porsche already know what BMW knows? I give them credit for showing far more discipline.

Sign of the times indeed.
Appreciate 0