08-07-2020, 10:26 AM   #322
gallagher
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael19887 View Post
I want to provide my experience and caution the members of this forum that it isn't always smooth sailing with the MSS springs. I picked a very well regarded and experienced installer, with highly favorable reviews that was recommended within this forum. I asked for a 1/4" drop to try and maximize comfort due to the poor ride quality. When I picked up the car, the drop was closer to 1 and 1/4 inch. There was minimal improvement to ride comfort, but new banging and clinking sounds from the front struts that was especially bad when turning the car. Folks on the forum were so helpful in pointing out an installation error that I took back in to have corrected. Once corrected, the ride was height raised, yet the springs are still making noise on the test drive. I'm currently going back to the stock set-up to ensure the long term viability of the car.
And...just like that my plans got put on the shelf pending further diligence.

Honestly, I’m really not too hung up on the install cost as long as it’s done correctly. My biggest concerns are (1) doing this and finding minimal improvement in ride quality and thus feeling like it was a waste of time and money (again, improving ride quality is the only goal as I’m keeping ride height at stock); and/or (2) having the car settle over time lower than stock height; and/or (3) experiencing the banging, clinking, or bottoming our that others are reporting, whether it be due to installer error, lowering too much, or otherwise.
Appreciate 0