View Single Post
      06-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #11
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

I don’t want any one company to monitor everything I have and be able to integrate and mine the data. So I prefer some degree of non-integration, and frankly don’t really need it.

I’ve had Sonos speakers for 9 years, added a few recently, and really like them. Integrated with an existing high-end system in the house so I can stream to that or push from stereo inputs (turntable) to Sonos and cover all rooms and TVs if I want.

Alarm is monitored locally, came with the house. I believe it is Honeywell and I have an app to control it. Separate camera system not attached to the Internet unless I turn that on (which I do infrequently). It has a digital video recorder and a bunch of cameras, all hard-wired (no wireless) ReoLink I believe.

Thermostats are also Honeywell and oddly I have two in the house and they use different apps.

No Nest, Alexa, or similar listening device. Don’t use Siri very often and don’t have “Hey Siri” enabled.

Not paranoid or particularly worried about these things, but I get zero value, don’t want to be marketed to and don’t need the risk, however small.
Appreciate 0