Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
This is an embodiment of how sensitive the F97 is to tires in terms of the ride quality…they went from hating the car to loving every second of it simply from what amounts to a tire change. And that echos exactly how I feel about the car…even on MSS springs, the car is more enjoyable on snow tires vs. summer performance tires, simply because it's more livable even at the expense of handling at 9/10s and above.
The slight improvement in the suspension and comfort settings in the LCI might even bring summer tires into the acceptable ride quality. I'm OK with my 2020 base mode (20"s) and PS4 SUV tires but still wish the comfort setting was a bit more so....

In all, a fair, good review of the X3M. Not a car or SUV for everyone but certainly a fun ride and good value for the performance and features you get.
My beef with the pre-LCI suspension wasn't that it was uncomfortable, it's that over certain bumps or patches of pavement, I could lose grip on the steering wheel it was so freaking jarring, even in Comfort. My F90 is a bit stiff too, but it isn't as high off the ground and never gives me issues except over the worst pavement.

I haven't driven the LCI F97/8, but it seems it's slightly improved. I know it's greatly improved in the F90 LCI, so at least we know they *can* tune it properly if they want.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0