View Single Post
      09-01-2021, 10:45 AM   #98
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingmongoose View Post
Do you have the active driver assistance professional package? They changed to active driving assistant pro for the 2022 model so it's a new system with at minimum a new camera layout. If you look at the cameras on the windshield, it's only 1 camera compared to the older 2 camera setup. There should also be a camera on the dash near the steering wheel that looks at the driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@codemybimmer View Post
It's actually 3 KAFAS cameras with 5AU - Driving Assistant Professional, while 1 KAFAS camera with 5AS - Driving Assistant, versus using 2 cameras for both 5AS and 5AT on the Pre LCI SP15 G chassis models. And as you've noted, it adds the drivers attention camera in the instrument cluster with 5AU - Driving Assistant Professional
Thanks for sharing more info on the system.

We do have Driving Assistance Professional Package 'ZDY', which includes Extended Traffic Jam Assistant '5AR' and Active Driving Assistant Professional '5AU'. Have only used it for about 40 miles so far as I'm hitting a lot of the back roads to get RPM variations in, rather than using Interstate right now. But it clearly is a more capable system than what I have in my 2020 F97. I can definitely see using this on those long Hwy drives. And to be able to even briefly use your turn signal and then have it move you over into the next lane seems amazing to me (not used to this kind of tech).

It also handles many different curves at various speeds well without ping-ponging to keep between the lines. It must have a much improved processor as well to handle the additional input Tim mentions above. It still occ wanders to follow a turn off lane when you lose the right lane stripe, but I quickly intervene so I'm not sure if it knows to catch that or not, but suspect it would.

And note in the picture I'm not advocating setting cruise higher than posted speed limits, but at this point I was trying out the manually adjustable increase and decrease speed function on the steering wheel to slowly ease past the vehicle on the right.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5