mwat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & LCI X3 35i M Sport

Garage List
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Alright boys I'm back.

Here's what I did and would say I fixed it like 70%, will be redoing some of these steps over the weekend to hopefully clear it out more.

1) Drained the remaining fluid from the tank via the rear washer, that took awhile.
2) Unhooked the connector that is on the passenger side right by the windshield. It is a white/black piece with the black piece pushes back and then you can slide the nozzle out.
3) Blew down the nozzle that goes down into the tank, heard bubbles after a bit of blowing. I could tell it was gunked up based on that alone. (I may have done this prior to draining the tank, I really don't remember)
4) With the tank empty, I poured some hot water (not boiling, that makes me nervous) but very hot + some white vinegar down there. Let it sit for 15-30 minutes each time, did about 4/5 rounds of this. Two cups of hot water each time, 1/4 cup of vinegar. Rough estimates.
5) Attached a small hose to the nozzle coming out of the tank so the water wouldn't spray all over the inside of the hood and drained into a cup.
6) Like I said, I repeated this about 4/5 times until it looked like the color of the water coming out was mostly clear.
7) Hook everything back up and spray the front windshield, it works but I would say it's struggling to pump and I will encounter this again. Going to buy some drain cleaner and use a little of that + hot water etc.

I would classify the current state as "good enough" but not 10/10
I can post pic's if needed, I took a few throughout the process.
Appreciate 0