bocabimmer
Found the Search Button
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 30i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyo View Post
Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert. Proceed at your own risk.

My primary goal was to achieve Blue/Red Ambient Lighting combination on my 2022 LCI and these instructions are specifically for that end result.

Thanks to these posts for pointing me in the right direction:
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1922092
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1738645

From what I can tell, the basic principals are the same between all the newer platforms. There are 2 areas in Expert Mode where changes are made:

BDC_BODY3 ECU
  1. Select 360A/LIC_LCI_COLOR_LIBRARY_DATA
  2. Select 360D/LIC_LCI_COLOR_PROFILES_DATA

1. Library is where you change the stock colors of ambient lighting. The byte locations of the colors vary between the platforms. Basic Mode already has the ability to recode Bronze to one of their pre-set colors and luckily Red is one of them. In Basic Mode, there are 2 settings for ambient lighting color but you can't code combinations. For good measure, I set both of these to Red (oddly, will accept the same values just not different values).

2. Profiles is where you change the ambient lighting combo idrive selections. Every 2 bytes corresponds to the idrive menu selection; the 1st byte is the bottom choice, 2nd byte is the top choice
  • Byte 0 - Bronze/Bronze (bottom)
  • Byte 1 - Bronze/Bronze (top)
  • Byte 2 - White/Bronze (bottom)
  • Byte 3 - White/Bronze (top)
The byte values correspond to a specific color choice.
  • 00 = White
  • 01 = Bronze
  • 02 = Orange
  • 03 = Blue
  • 04 = Green
  • 05 = Lilac
From there, I went down the list to figure out which bytes represents the Blue/Blue idrive menu selection. This is byte 10 and 11, and the byte value for both is 03 (blue)

Since my Bronze is already Red via Basic Mode, I modified Byte 3 from 00 (white) to 03 (blue).

That's basically my workaround to achieve Blue/Red combo.

Looking forward to when someone deciphers the Library portion and creates some crazy combos!

i.e. You can change the color of 3 areas:
  1. Doors and Dash
  2. Footwell
  3. Map Light

Step by Step:
  1. Enter Body Domain Controller
  2. Use Basic Mode to change Bronze to Red
    Attachment 2898478
  3. Enter Expert Mode and navigate to 360D LicLciColorProfiles
    Attachment 2898479Attachment 2898480Attachment 2898481
  4. From here, you can change the combinations that correspond to iDrive
    Attachment 2898482

I created this quick Excel file to help with changing the values. This is for LCI not sure if its the same values for Non-LCI.
I went to go do this today and chickened out (not new to BimmerCode coding). When I first went into the profile area, there were a bunch of the options checked. After I went to add a custom value, the only one left checked was the new custom value.

Was this what happened in your experience? Should I be recording for posterity's sake which options were checked before coding?

I'm aiming for remapping Bronze/White to be Bronze/Blue.

Thanks!

Previous BMWs: 2018 330i (F30), 2014 i3 BEV, 2007 328i (E92), 2013 X5 35i (E70), 2014 i3 BEV, 2006 325i (E90)
Appreciate 0