View Single Post
      10-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #44
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Its unreal how much hate there is for this car (and X6), especially on non BMW forums, its 90% negative on sites like C&D and LLN. Can't figure out if its people who just can't afford it and rip on it or people who don't get the purpose of it so they bash it.

have probably seen this comment 100 times "might as well buy an Aztec", seriously?

I am glad my wife and I bought our X6 (M Sport) because we love it, and this X4 M40i looks just like a mini version (if it was out 2 months ago we might have picked it over the X6), especially now that it FINALLY has split exhausts. When I first bought it I thought we would get lots of comments about people not liking it but all we get is positive comments from co-workers, friends, and strangers, this includes people who are brutally honest with us on things, not a single negative comment about it.

Anyone who bashes this, first go see it in person (with M Sport package and a good color, as that makes a difference) and then drive one of them, the X4 and X6 drive a lot different than the X3/X5 and that is the purpose of them, people who want the AWD and stance of a SUV but don't need the cargo space and would rather have a more stylish and better handling car. Having driven the F15 and F16 for a good amount of time, I would choose the F16 every time, unless I absolutely needed that extra height in cargo space.

Any knock on this car needs to be on the dated interior, which hopefully is fixed in 3 years.
Appreciate 1